WHAT TO DO in the event of a death
- Call the Home at 819-565-1155 to notify us of the death (24 hours a day, 7 days a week).
- Meet with one of our advisors.
- Choose… the flowers, the caterer, the funeral service.
List of what we will do for you:
- Inform you of your choices regarding the ceremony and how it will proceed.
- Make arrangements to pick up the deceased.
- Meet with the family to plan the entire funeral service.
- Notify various organizations of the death:
- Directeur de l’état civil (registrar of civil status)
- Income security
- Other organizations (RAAQ, IVAC, veterans)
- Cancel health insurance card
- Cancel social insurance card
- Cancel driver’s licence
- Cancel GST and QST credits
- Cancel passport
- Others, according to your needs
- Fill out required paperwork
- Request surviving spouse’s pension
- Request orphan’s pension, if applicable
- Request death benefit of $2500
- Request for social assistance, if applicable
- Request to the SAAQ, if applicable
- Request to the CSST, if applicable
- Coordinate the catering service, bookmark and candle design, and florist for pre-selected flowers.
- Prepare the viewing and/or cremation
- Prepare celebration of the deceased’s life.
- Prepare homage for final resting place.
- Provide psychological support to grieving families.
For more information, the Home offers a number of documents to support you in your time of need. Contact us!