Since its foundation in 1976, the Steve L. Elkas Funeral Home has
been committed to providing compassionate support and advice
to grieving families throughout the steps surrounding the death
of a loved one. This constant dedication is seen in a host of gestures and acts that have built the funeral home a reputation of trust and satisfaction.
When you lose a loved one, the only thing you need to do is contact your Steve L. Elkas Funeral Home.
To make things easier for you, the Steve L. Elkas Funeral Home takes care of everything in the event of a death:
Making arrangements to pick up the deceased.
Meeting your family to plan the entire funeral service.
When meeting an adviser, you will need to have the following information and items: Information you will need to supply
Advising your family about funeral services while respecting your wishes.
Contacting your parish or other organizations to arrange the funeral service or any other service according to your requirements.
Writing and translating the death notice and making arrangements to have the notice published in the newspapers of your choice.
Advising you about and referring you to the various florists who would meet your requirements.
Informing you of the various catering services available and helping you choose an appropriate menu.
Paying for the various services (florist, caterer, church, hall, other) so that you don't have to pay several bills.
Notifying various organizations of the death :
- The Directeur de l'état civil
- Income security
- Various other organizations (RAAQ, IVAC, veterans)
- Cancelling the health insurance card
- Cancelling the social insurance card
- Cancelling the driver's licence
- Cancelling the GST and QST credit
- Cancelling the passport
- Others, according to your needs
- Requesting the surviving spouse's pension
- Requesting the orphan's pension, if required
- Requesting the death benefit of $2,500
- Filling out the social assistance request, if required
- Filling out the request to the SAAQ, if required
- Filling out the request to the CSST, if required
Searching for a will, if required
Taking the steps required for placement in a mausoleum, columbarium or cemetery, according to your requirements.
Supplying an unlimited number of attestations of death for every institution requesting it.
Providing reassuring support through the various stages, if required.
- Closing bank account(s)
- Settling insurance policies
- Settling investments or other investments
- Arranging the search for a will by a notary, if required
- Transferring vehicles
- Transferring real estate holdings (house)
- Transferring other properties
For more information, please consult one of the many booklets the Steve L. Elkas Funeral Home offers.
Or consult the Quebec government website at: